EUTOPIA is growing - three more universities are joining
The European University Alliance EUTOPIA recently expanded with an Italian, a German and a Portuguese university. It now includes as many as nine European universities and four global partner universities. The aim is to be able to offer staff, students and researchers at participating universities even more international opportunities.
It was in June 2019 that the European Commission announced that EUTOPIA, which the University of Gothenburg was already part of, together with five other European universities, would receive funding within the framework of the 'European Universities' program.
Now three more leading universities have been welcomed into the alliance. The new members are Italian Università Ca’Foscari Venezia, the German Technische Universität Dresden and Portuguese Universidade NOVA de Lisboa.
The vision for the EUTOPIA collaboration is to create a strong alliance with free and continuous mobility for students, researchers, teachers and other staff.
The Vice-chancellor of the University of Gothenburg, Eva Wiberg, sees the enlargement as significant.
“This will be an important addition to our university alliance, which we want to be both sustainable and inclusive. In an increasingly complex Europe, we want to cover even more countries and it is about increasing exchange culturally as well as when it comes to research. Not least in terms of students' learning environments.
The three new universities have strengths and competencies that will strengthen and drive the alliance's mission forward.
The following universities are part of EUTOPIA as of 16 September 2021:
- University of Gothenburg
- Pompeu Fabra University Barcelona (Spain)
- The Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
- CY Cergy Paris University (France)
- The Technical University of Dresden (Germany)
- NOVA University Lisbon (Portugal)
- The University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Ca’Foscari University of Venice (Italy)
- The University of Warwick (UK)
The following universities are included as global partner universities:
- Rabat International University (Morocco)
- Kyungpook National University (South Korea)
- Monash University (Australia)
- Stellenbosch University (South Africa)
Please read more: EUTOPIA
By: Ulrika Lundin