Project: Self-assembly materials for the activation of hydrogen and carbon dioxide.
The postdoc stipend is part of a research program aimed at the development of smart self-assembly materials. The aim for this recruitment is to investigate self-assembly materials for activation of small molecules such as hydrogen and carbon dioxide. Activation of small molecules is an important task as they could lead to applications within areas such as hydrogen storage and artificial photosynthesis. The research focus will be on the self-assembly into fibers or gels of organic molecules and applications of these molecules for the above-mentioned aim.
The candidate will be working within Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Gothenburg. The department has all the necessary synthetic equipment and analytical tools to carry out the intended program. In addition, collaboration with Chalmers University of Technology ensures access to two research facilities, Chalmers Materials Analysis Laboratory and (CMAL) and Chalmers Mass Spectrometry Infrastructure (CMSI) that have state of the art collection of instrumentation and technical support that can assist the project.
This is a multidisciplinary project with the main focus on the investigation of the gelation properties of the self-assembly materials synthesized by the sundenlab research group, and their characterization by various techniques including rheology, X-ray diffraction, microscopy and scanning electron microscopy and other suitable analytical techniques. This gives an excellent opportunity for the candidate to both develop their synthetic skills and learn new techniques and procedures.
We are looking for a PhD with extensive experience in the field of supramolecular gels. The position is material science orientated . Additional selection criteria include experience from, working with supramolecular chemistry and synthetic experience is advantageous.
The successful candidate should be a highly motivated, quality conscious individual with a PhD in fields related to supramolecular chemistry. You should be capable of working both autonomously and in collaboration. As a postdoc in the research group you will be expected to mentor students. . The University of Gothenburg is an international environment, and therefore proficiency in written and spoken English is necessary. The postdoctoral scholarship can be paid out within a four-year period calculated from the completion of the doctoral degree.
Dnr / Reference
The scholarship covers a period of 12 months.
Preliminary start date: 2021-06-01
Henrik Sundén, +46708924671, Henrik.firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be eligible for a post-doc scholarship at the Department of Chemistry and Department the recipient must hold a PhD degree within a relevant field. The applicant must not have been employed at University of Gothenburg in the past two years.
- We are looking for a PhD with extensive experience in the field of supramolecular gels. The position is material science orientated . Additional selection criteria include experience from, working with supramolecular chemistry and synthetic experience is advantageous.
Written application, including reference number, is to be sent via e-mail to the supervisor and must include the following:
- Personal letter stating the reasons why the study suits the applicant (maximum one page)
- List of publications
- References (2)
Application deadline: 2021-02-26
Information regarding scholarships
- Scholarships do not give rise to sickness benefits, compensation from the Social Insurance Office Agency or retirement pension.
- The scholarship sum is paid out at two occasions
- Scholarships are tax-exempt
- A scholarship holder cannot be employed after the scholarship period due to tax reasons.