VISITING RESEARCH FELLOWHuman
About Staffan Rosell
My research focus is on the livelihood situation in the central highlands of Ethiopia. Key areas to understand what problems and limitations the farming population are facing focus on rainfall change, soil productivity and livelihood assets. Land use changes are also central in the study to understand the problems people are facing in rural Ethiopia.
Eroded area of Mt Wenchi in Ethiopia
Valley overlooking Gerado plains in South Wollo, Ethiopia
Hayk area in South Wollo, Ethiopia
How do people use the land?
Member of Regioncal Climate Group: http://rcg.gvc.gu.se/
- Land use changes and rural livelihoods - a case study in Nyambwani village, Malawi ISSN 1402-3237
- At the conference Highland 2006 the following poster was presented: Rainfall changes and its implications for Belg harvest in South Wollo, Ethiopia (download PDF)
- At the conference IAG/AIG Regional Conference on Geomorphology 2011: Geomorphology for Human Adaptation to Changing Tropical Environments, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, February 18-22, 2011 the following abstract will be presented: Soil productivity and food security in the central highlands of Ethiopia (download PDF). PPT of the presentation can be found here.
- At the conference International Congress: Livelihood 2013 Sustainable livelihood in the tropical drylands two posters and one presentation will be presented.
- Did a presentation of my doctoral theses at the Department of Geography at Unicentro Guarapuava, Parana, Brazil, on 04/01/2015 for students and researchers. Portuguese abstract of my doctoral theses Homepage of Unicentro Guarapuava
Slash-and-burn agriculture in southern Brazil: characteristics, food production and
Edivaldo Thomaz, Staffan Rosell
Scottish Geographical Journal - 2020-01-01
Integrerad geografisk fältkurs - ett viktigt verktyg i
Cultivated land – a scarce commodity in a densely populated rural area in South Wollo,
Erratic rainfall and its consequences for the cultivation of teff in two adjacent areas in South Wollo,
Staffan Rosell, Björn Holmer
Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift - 2015-01-01
An Analysis of Soil Productivity Parameters and Livelihoods in West Shewa and South Wollo,
Rainfall variability, soils and land use changes in the Ethiopian
African farmers’ perceptions of erratic
Elisabeth Simelton, Claire Quinn, Philip Antwi-agyei, Nnyaladzi Batisani, Andrew Dougill, Jen Dyer, Evan Fraser, David Mkwambisi, Staffan Rosell, Susannah Sallu, Lindsay Stringer
Centre for Climate change economics and policy - 2011-01-01
Regional perspective on rainfall change and variability in the central highlands of Ethiopia,
Applied Geography - 2010-01-01
Rainfall change and its implications for Belg harvest in South Wollo,
Staffan Rosell, Björn Holmer
Geografiska Annaler, Series A: Physical Geography - 2007-01-01