Moa de Lucia Dahlbeck
About Moa de Lucia Dahlbeck
About my research.
I investigate legal theory and international law primarily by way of turning to the history of philosophy and, more specifically, the works of Benedict Spinoza and the reception of these works throughout the history of philosophy. I am interested in juxtaposing contemporary and contextually specific problems of law with philosophy, in order to be able to find the basic and conceptual conditions at work within those discourses constructing both the problems at hands as well as their suggested solutions.
I am a member of the Grupo de Investigacíon sobre Spinoza y el Spinozismo (the Spinoza Investigation Group) of the University of Buenos Aires. http://ragif.com.ar/grupos/grupo-de-investigacion-sobre-spinoza-y-el-spinozismo-uba/ and of the research network at the department of law: Genesis of Artificial Intelligence, Law, and Life:https://law.handels.gu.se/forskning/samhallsutmaningsdriven_forskning/kunskap-och-intellektuella-resurser/gaia
- International Law
- Early Modern Philosophy
- Political and Legal Philosophy
The investigation that I am currently conducting as a postdoctoral fellow constitutes a part of a research project called Digitalized Warfare: Responsibility, Intentionality and the Rule of Law. https://law.handels.gu.se/forskning/utbildningsdriven_forskning/internationellratt/Projekt
Areas of Teaching
- International Environmental Law
- Legal Theory/Philosophy
- Public International Law
Among my recent publications is a full length monograph in the Routledge series Law, Justice and Ecology about the call for a new, non-dualistic metaphysics within international environmental law. Spinoza, Ecology and International Law: Radical Naturalism in the Face of the Anthropocene (2018).
For further publications see my page at academia.edu: https://shfa.academia.edu/MoaDeLuciaDahlbeck.
On other web sites
- International Law, Philosophy, Legal Philosophy, International Environmental Law
- International Environmental Law, Public International Law, Legal Theory, Legal Philosophy
- Spinoza, Ecology and International Law: Radical Naturalism in the Face of the Anthropocene. Routledge, UK, 2018, ISBN 978-1-138-03868-4 (monograph).
- International Environmental Law and the Search for Harmony with Nature: A Critical Inquiry into the Metaphysical Underpinnings of the Legal Discourse on Environmental Protection. Media-Tryck, Lund, 2016, ISBN 978-91-7623-731-1 (dissertation/monograph).
- Book chapters
- ‘Spinoza and international law’, in A Blackwell Companion to Spinoza, Yitzhak Melamed (ed.), Whiley-Blackwell, Hoboken, US, forthcoming April 2021, ISBN13 978-1119538677.
- ’Rättens syfte och två sätt att se på AI’, in AI, digitalisering och rätten – en lärobok, Gregor Noll (ed.). Studentlitteratur, Lund, forthcoming 2021.
- Peer reviewed articles
- ’The Moral Fallibility of Spinoza’s Exemplars: Exploring the Educational Value of Imperfect Models of Human Behavior’, co-authored with Dahlbeck, J. in Ethics and Education, Special Edition, February 2020.
- ‘AI and Spinoza: A review of Law’s Conceptual Treatment of Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems’, in AI & Society, online published 10/7 2020 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00146-020-01014-x
- ‘Maimonides and a Legal Response to Artificial Intelligence’, in Law, Ethics and Philosophy (accepted November 2020).
- ‘Spinoza on the Means to Achieve Knowledge of the Mind’s Union with Nature’, in M.A. Peters (ed.) Encyclopedia of Educational Philosophy and Theory, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-287-532-7_611-1.
- Notas sobre Spinoza y por qué no nos puede salvar de la crisis ecológica’, in IDEAS: Revista de filosofía moderna y contemporánea, No. 5, 2017.
- ‘Needle and Stick’ save the world: sustainable development and the universal child’, in Discourse: Studies in the Cultural Politics of Education, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/01596306.2012.666080
- ’Evaluating Life: Working with Ethical Dilemmas in Education for Sustainable Development’, in Law, Culture and the Humanities (11)1, 2011. DOI: 10.1177/1743872111425977
- Commissioned and submitted articles
- ’Spinoza and contemporary ecology’, commissioned by Cahiers Philosophiques, (forthcoming June ed. 2021).
- ‘Spinoza and indoctrination’, co-authored with J. Dahlbeck. Under review by British Journal for the History of Philosophy.
AI and Spinoza: a review of law's conceptual treatment of lethal autonomous weapons
Moa De Lucia Dahlbeck
AI & Society: Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Communication - 2020-01-01
The moral fallibility of Spinoza’s exemplars: exploring the educational value of imperfect models of human
Johan Dahlbeck, Moa De Lucia Dahlbeck
Ethics and Education - 2020-01-01
Spinoza, Ecology and International Law - Radical Naturalism in the Face of the
Moa De Lucia Dahlbeck