About Filippa Lindahl
I’m a postdoc in Scandinavian languages in the Department of Swedish at the University of Gothenburg and at the University of Iceland. My research centers on syntax, semantics, and information structure, and I am especially interested in the relation and interactions between syntax and pragmatics. I am currently working on the project Preposing in Spoken Scandinavian, where I investigate how the sentence-initial position (Spec-CP) is used in Danish, Faroese, Icelandic, Norwegian, and Swedish. The project is funded by the Swedish Research Council, and I will spend the first two years of the project in Reykjavík. The project follows up on my 2017 dissertation, Extraction from relative clauses in Swedish.
Syntax, semantics, information structure, linguistic variation in the Scandinavian languages, extraction, anaphora and ellipsis.
- Lindahl, F. & Sigurjónsdóttir, S. 2020. Þróun andlagsstökks í máltöku tveggja íslenskra barna [The development of object shift in the language of two Icelandic children]. Rask-ráðstefnan [The Rask conference]. University of Iceland, Reykjavík, January 2020.
- Lindahl, F. 2019. Spetsställning och satsflätor i färöiskan [Preposing and long distance extraction in Faroese]. Frændafundur. Tórshavn, August 2019.
- Lindahl, F. 2019. Extraction from RCs in Swedish: What can we learn from spontaneously produced examples? Symposium on Syntactic Islands in Scandinavian and English. Aarhus University, June 2019.
- Lindahl, F. 2019. Utbrytningssats med vänsterkantsellips [Left edge ellipsis in it-clefts]. Svenskans beskrivning 37, Åbo Akademi University, May 2019.
- Lindahl, F. 2019 Pronominal object fronting in Icelandic and Swedish: Variation in the Scandinavian left periphery. Hugvísindaþing, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, March 2019.
- Jónsson, J.G. & Lindahl, F. 2019. Preserving Verb-second in Icelandic. Secrets of Success Or: How to Preserve a Verb Second Word Order? University of Oslo, January 2019.
- Lindahl, F. 2018. The Prefield in Spoken Icelandic and Swedish. Workshop on Word Order in Scandinavian Languages. University of Konstanz, December 2018.
- Lindahl, F. 2018. Preposing in Spoken Scandinavian. Málvísindakaffi. University of Iceland, Reykjavik, October 2018.
- Lindahl, F. 2018. The Project "Preposing in Spoken Scandinavian".The 11th Nordic Dialectologists' Conference, University of Iceland, Reykjavík, August 2018.
- Lindahl, F. 2018. Satsfläta med relativsats – CP-rekursion i svenskt talspråk [Extraction from relative clauses – CP-recursion in spoken Swedish]. GRAMINO 2 (Grammatikk i Norden), University of Oslo, May 2018.
- Lindahl, F. 2018. Projektet "Spetsställning i nordiskt talspråk" [The Project "Preposing in Spoken Scandinavian"]. Måndagsseminariet [Higher seminar at the Dept. of Swedish], University of Gothenburg, May 2018.
- Lindahl, F. 2017. Relative clauses, small clauses, and extraction in Swedish. Comparative Germanic Syntax Workshop 32, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, September 2017.
- Lindahl, F. 2016. Satsfläta med relativsats i svenskan [Extraction from relative clauses in Swedish]. Higher seminar in Scandinavian languages, Stockholm University, December 2016.
- Lindahl, F. 2016. Relative clauses, small clauses, and extraction in Swedish. Stanford Syntax & Morphology Circle, Stanford University, September 2016.
- Lindahl, F. 2016. Relative clauses, small clauses, and extraction in Swedish. Syntax & Semantics Circle at UC Berkeley, September 2016.
- Lindahl, F. 2016. Det spetsställda ledets funktion i satsfläta med relativsats [The discourse function of preposed phrases in extraction from relative clauses]. Poster presentation at GRAMINO (Grammatik i Norden), University of Gothenburg, May 2016.
- Lindahl, F. 2016. Swedish Relative Clauses: Very Weak Islands. Syntax & Semantics Circle at UC Santa Cruz, March 2016.
- Lindahl, F. 2015. Swedish Relative Clauses as Weak Islands. Grammar in Focus, Lund University, February 2015.
- Lindahl, F. 2015. Swedish relative clauses as weak islands. Poster presentation at Annual Meeting of Linguistic Society of America. Portland, January 2015.
- Lindahl, F. 2014. Relative clauses are not universally strong islands. The Grammar Seminar, Lund University. November 2014.
- Lindahl, F. 2014. Extraction from Swedish Object Relatives: Multiple Specifiers of Relative C? Syntax & Semantics Circle at UC Santa Cruz, June 2014.
- Lindahl, F. & Engdahl E. 2013. Continuing and expanding topics. Scandinavian Conference of Linguistics, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, May 2013.
- Andréasson, M., Engdahl, E. & Lindahl, F. 2013. Objektsrealisering och informationsstruktur i NDC – vart tar de pronominella objekten vägen? [Object realization and information structure in NDC – where do pronominal objects go?] Dialect Seminar, University of Oslo, January 2013.
- Lindahl, F. & Engdahl, E. 2012. Fronted pronominal objects in the mainland Scandinavian languages. N'CLAV (Nordic Collaboration on Language Variation Studies) Grand meeting, Oslo, August 2012.
- Engdahl, E. & Lindahl, F. 2012. Expanding topics. IDL12 (Information, Discourse Structure and Levels of meaning), Autonomous University of Barcelona, October 2012.
- Kush, D. & Lindahl, F. 2011. On the Escapability of Islands in Scandinavian. Annual Meeting of Linguistic Society of America, Pittsburgh, January 2011.
Det spetsställda ledets funktion i satsfläta med
Norsk lingvistisk tidsskrift - 2017-01-01
Extraction from relative clauses in
Svenskans beskrivning 35, Förhandlingar vid trettiofemte sammankomsten, Göteborg 11-13 maj
Swedish relative clauses as weak
LSA Annual Meeting Extended Abstracts. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America, Portland, OR, January 8-11 2015 - 2015-01-01
Relative clauses are not always strong
Working Papers in Scandinavian Syntax - 2014-01-01
Preposed object pronouns in mainland
Spetsställda bisatser i satsfläta med
Språk och stil - 2011-01-01